Coaching is about results, so it is essential to find the right coach to meet your needs and give you the guidance to succeed. Once you find two or three names that seem to be a good fit based on your Internet search, schedule a free consult to interview each coach by asking key questions like:
- “What is your coaching approach, and how might that be different from other coaches?”
- “What are your fees and are there any contracted time limits or can I go session by session?”
- “Are you a certified coach or part of any larger coaching organization?”
- “How much experience do you have and how long have you been coaching?”
- “What type of success have you personally seen in the clients you coach?”
Remember, if a coach is ethical they will answer your questions directly at no cost and if they are not a good fit to meet your needs, they should simply state that fact up front so you won’t end up wasting time with the wrong person and can move on to seek a better fit for you.